Lyn Heath – Owner/Manager
Lyn has worked in the marketing and tourism industry for over 30 years in North Queensland. More recently as part owner and on-site manager of End of the Road Motel, a 21 apartment, 4 Star motel overlooking the waterfront of the Gulf of Carpentaria in Karumba, Queensland. Previous to this Lyn has owned and managed a multitude of businesses inclusive of another motel, a printing company, gymnasium and a pet and produce store.
Lyn has a passion for the North West Region and recognises the opportunity to support development and growth through solar power generation while enhancing the outback experience for travellers to the region.
Lyn has extensive expertise in administration, accounts, staff management, workplace health and safety, graphic design and print and digital media marketing. Lyn is a seasoned writer proficient in the development of business plans, award and grant submissions.
Lyn is also a qualified Personal Trainer skilled in the areas of personal development, rehabilitation and exercise science.
- Winner 2010 National Accommodation Industry Awards for Excellence (Four-Star rated Accommodation)
- Winner 2009 Regional Business of the Year (Accommodation, Hospitality and Tourism)
- Winner 2008 and 2009 Mt Isa and Regional Business Awards
- Winner 2007 and 2008 Accommodation Industry Awards of Excellence (Outback Four-Star Motel)
- Recognised for the contribution to tourism by the Minister for Tourism and Governor of Queensland in 2008.
- Karumba Katch Seafood Festival 2009 Q150 Celebration
- Book – Karumba Outback by the Sea Q150 2009
Bachelor Degree Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Swinburne, Victoria. Postgraduate Diploma in Management, Deakin University.
Australian Convenor CIGRE Panel C6 – Distribution Systems and Dispersed Generation, MIE Aust, CPEng, RPEQ, SMIEEE, GAICD
Relevance to project.
Strategic & technical leadership of asset management plan development and implementation. Development of 20 year asset maintenance & replacement plans for a wide range of electrical utility assets, based on sound asset management principles.