Scouller Energy is currently building a 5 megawatt (MW), 25,000-panel solar PV power station on the outskirts of Normanton in the Gulf of Carpentaria, NWQ. The power station will service Normanton, Karumba and surrounds.
At the Normanton power station site, Scouller Energy intends to establish a Knowledge Sharing and data collection centre, to make the power generation data available to the public via an internet portal.
This “test case project” will showcase a well-designed solar energy model providing an opportunity for further, similar renewable energy projects to be undertaken across the Gulf Savannah Region.
Doug Scouller – Managing Director
Doug started his electrical fitter and mechanics apprenticeship in 1977 and was endorsed as an electrical contractor in 1983. Over 35 years Doug has worked extensively throughout Queensland in all aspects of the electrical industry including high voltage connections for the undersea cabling of the Whitsunday Islands to the National Grid through to large and small scale domestic and commercial installations. Doug owned and operated his successful electrical contracting business, Doug Scouller Electrical Pty Ltd, for 25 years in South East Queensland before moving to North West Queensland. In addition to this, Doug also built, part owns and manages the End of the Road Motel, a 21 apartment, 4 Star motel overlooking the waterfront of the Gulf of Carpentaria in Karumba, Queensland. Doug is currently the Managing Director of Scouller Energy Pty Ltd, Outback Solar Power Corporation and Normanton Solar Farm Pty Ltd. As a north Queensland businessman, Doug understands what drives the success of regional communities, and is passionate about seeing his local region succeed. Doug has excellent relationships with local council and business community.
Doug’s knowledge of the electrical industry is well rounded and comprehensive with extensive expertise in obilisation, DC works, site management, training and workplace health and safety.
Electrical Fitter/Mechanic, Cartographic Draftsman, Qualified Telstra Installer, Senior First Aid and CPR
- Commenced construction of the Normanton Solar Farm in 2016
- Successfully obtained $8.4 million of government funding to construct a 5 MW DC (4.5 MW AC) solar farm in North West Queensland in 2016
- Development of the Scouller Energy concept modal for Decentralization of Power Generation in North West Queensland in 2012
- Winner 2010 National Accommodation Industry Awards for Excellence (Four-Star rated Accommodation)
- Winner 2009 Regional Business of the Year (Accommodation, Hospitality and Tourism)
- Winner 2008 and 2009 Mt Isa and Regional Business Awards
- Winner 2007 and 2008 Accommodation Industry Awards of Excellence (Outback Four Star Motel)
- Recognised for the contribution to tourism by the Minister for Tourism and Governor of Queensland in 2008